cashier descriptionContinue Shopping
All C-A-L Ranch Stores employees are required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screening and background screening.
Reports To: Store Manager/Assistant Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: The cashier position is responsible for maintaining guest service, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, pricing, cash register operations (POS) and loss prevention in adherence to all company policy/store standards.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A cashier’s responsibility is one of the most important in our organization. You are the face of our company. The cashier may be the only person to have contact with a customer. It is essential that our cashiers represent C-A-L Ranch Stores as a company with the highest standard of professionalism and courtesy.
- Ensure that each guest receives legendary customer service by providing a guest friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices, including signing, pricing and loss prevention.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS registers.
- Communicate guest request to management.
- Accurately maintain a balanced cash drawer.
- Accurately operate the inventory system for price checking and item look-ups.
- Make change; take checks; run credit/debit cards and issue receipts to customers.
- Reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand.
- Gives cash refunds or issues credit memorandums to customers for returned merchandise according to C-A-L Ranch Stores refund policies.
- Operates cash register by passing price coded items across electronic scanner to record price, compile printed list, and display cost of customer purchase, tax, and rebates on monitor screen.
- C-A-L Ranch Stores sells a variety of items, of various sizes and weights. Cashiers are required to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally engaging in assisted lifting over 25 pounds. Any lifting over 25 lbs requires the help of a hand truck and assistance from a second employee.
- All cashiers are required to watch C-A-L Ranch Stores safety videos and perform their duties in accordance to safety training.
- Answer all incoming phone calls and forward them to the appropriate personnel. Cashiers must complete this task in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in the training of other associates or new employees.
- As a cashier you must be physically present at the C-A-L Ranch Store. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Work schedules are completed weekly.
- Employee must be able to understand and communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Customer/Client focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Organization Skills
- Ethical Conduct
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds Occasionally engaging in assisted lifting over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This job operates in a retail store where farm and ranch equipment are sold. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that re required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.