All C-A-L Ranch Stores employees are required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screening and background screening.
Reports To: Store Manager/Assistant Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Keeps C-A-L Ranch Store location clean and in an orderly condition. Sells merchandise to individuals in store by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sweeps, mobs, scrubs and vacuums hallways, stairs, and office space. Buffs sales floor. Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Maintains building. Notifies management concerning needs for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Cleans snow and debris from sidewalk. Mows lawns and general exterior maintenance.
- Greets customer on sales floor in a friendly and enthusiastic manner and determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired.
- Sales Floor associates are assigned primarily to one department on the sales floor, but are also required to work other areas.
- Must enjoy talking with customers and drivers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer's needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility.
- Keep shelves stocked, merchandise properly tagged and signed with appropriate pricing. Keep merchandise straightened and faced.
- Uses database to research availability of merchandise. Understands and operates the computer system for price checking, inventory maintenance and label printing.
- Effectively communicates to customers the C-A-L Ranch Credit Card Program
- Requisitions merchandise from stockroom.
- Receives payment or obtains credit authorization. Required to generate new C-A-L Ranch Credit Cards.
- Takes inventory of stock.
- Assists in the training of new associates or other employees.
- Sales floor associates must be physically present at the C-A-L Ranch Store.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required. Work schedules are completed weekly, please inform your manager immediately if you know you will not be able to work a shift you have been assigned. C-A-L Ranch Stores sells a variety of items, of various sizes and weights. Sales Floor Associates are required to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally engaging in assisted lifting over 50 pounds. Any lifting over 50 pounds requires the help of a hand truck and assistance from a second employee.
- Assist in the training of new associates or other employees.
- Employee must be able to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds Occasionally engaging in assisted lifting over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This job operates in a retail store where farm and ranch equipment are sold. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that re required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.