sales floor associate discriptionContinue Shopping
All C-A-L Ranch Stores employees are required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screening and background screening.
Reports To: Store Manager/Assistant Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Sells merchandise to individuals in store by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Greet customer on sales floor in a friendly and enthusiastic manner and determine make, type, and quality of merchandise desired.
- Sales Floor associates are assigned primarily to one department on the sales floor, but are also required to work other areas.
- Must enjoy talking with customers and drivers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer's needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility.
- Keep shelves stocked, merchandise properly tagged and signed with appropriate pricing. Keep merchandise straightened and faced.
- Receives payment or obtains credit authorization.
- Required to generate new C-A-L Ranch Credit Cards
- Wraps or bags merchandise for customer.
- Takes inventory of stock.
- Requisitions merchandise from stockroom.
- Maintain clean, neat, and organized work areas.
- Uses database to research availability of merchandise.
- Understand and operate the computer system for price checking, inventory maintenance and label printing.
- C-A-L Ranch Stores sells a variety of items, of various sizes and weights. Sales Floor Associates are required to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally engaging in assisted lifting over 50 pounds. Any lifting over 50 pounds requires the help of a hand truck and assistance from a second employee.
- All sales floor associates are required to watch C-A-L Ranch Stores safety videos and perform their duties in accordance to safety training.
- Maintain clean neat and organized work areas.
- Assist in the training of new associates or other employees.
- Sales floor associates must be physically present at the C-A-L Ranch Store. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Work schedules are completed weekly.
- Employee must be able to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Teamwork Orientation
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds Occasionally engaging in assisted lifting over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This job operates in a retail store where farm and ranch equipment are sold. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that re required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.