sporting goods associateContinue Shopping
All C-A-L Ranch Stores employees are required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screening. All Sporting Goods Associates are required to complete an extended background screening.
Reports To: Store Manager/Assistant Store Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Sells sporting goods; such as hunting and fishing equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the ability to safely handle firearms and adhere to all company, state, and federal firearms regulations. You must provide legendary customer service experience to every customer by greeting, consulting and assisting them in finding merchandise and making buying decisions.
- Process firearms transactions in an efficient manner in accordance with all internal policies, procedures and applicable law. This position initiates all 4473 forms with customers and is responsible for conducting the final check of applicable company, state, and federal forms prior to a firearm being transferred to the customer.
- Responsible for physically acquiring and disposing all firearms legally and in accordance with all ATF, state, and local laws and regulations and with C-A-L Ranch Stores policies. This includes completing ATF required forms, applicable state forms necessary for background checks, certifying and screening all potential firearm transfers for legality of the sale and complying with waiting periods or other possible state requirements, and straw purchases.
- Responsible for assisting with the receipt of firearms in accordance with company policy and applicable regulations, proper and error free completion of all company forms, assistance with performing firearms audits, mounting optics to firearms, and preparations of firearms for retail sale.
- Thorough product knowledge of C-A-L Ranch Stores products, and the ability to assist customers in making purchasing decisions by greeting, identifying and evaluating the customers need, and then making appropriate product recommendations.
- Advises customer on type of equipment for specific purposes such as length of fishing pole, and caliber and make of gun or rifle.
- Explains care of equipment and regulations of fish and game laws. Informs customer of areas for hunting, fishing, or camping, and cost of such outings.
- Responsible for the sale of fish and game licenses, and subsequent paperwork.
- Effectively communicate to customers the C-A-L Ranch Credit Card Program.
- Assure visual standards are met by up-keep and maintenance. This includes: Re-stocking, re-merchandising, cleaning fixtures.
- Takes inventory of stock. Efficiency with computer operating system including inventory maintenance and cash drawer balancing is necessary.
- Requisitions merchandise from stockroom. Uses database to research availability of merchandise. Processes orders.
- Complete weekly firearm audits.
- Assists in the training of other associates or new employees.
- Sporting Goods Associates are required to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally engaging in assisted lifting over 50 pounds. Any lifting over 50 lbs requires the help of a hand truck and assistance from a second employee.
- All sales floor associates are required to watch C-A-L Ranch Stores safety videos and perform their duties in accordance to safety training.
- Sporting Goods Associates must be physically present at the C-A-L Ranch Store. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Work schedules are completed weekly.
- Sporting Goods associates must pass a thorough background check to sell or handle firearms and be 18 years of age or older.
- Employee must be able to understand and communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organization Skills
- Recordkeeping Skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds Occasionally engaging in assisted lifting over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This job operates in a retail store where farm and ranch equipment are sold. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that re required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.